Legal Aid For The Forefront Of Sustainable Energy
The world’s energy needs continue to grow by leaps and bounds. While satisfying those needs, we must ensure that our resources and the environment are protected for future generations. In western Massachusetts and southern Vermont, we recognize the benefits and viability of sustainable energy sources, including solar and wind power.
The alternative energy marketplace is rapidly changing and expanding. The planning and implementation of solar, wind and other renewable energy projects is a process that involves a wide array of interests, including landowners, developers, lenders, suppliers, manufacturers and community members. These interests must be analyzed in the context of complex local, state and federal regulations and oversight.
Donovan O'Connor & Dodig, LLP, understands the intricacies involved in the planning, financing and implementation of solar (photovoltaic power plants and concentrated solar power plants), wind and other renewable energy projects. We can help navigate the process from beginning to end, providing strategic regulatory and business advice and practical assistance for the construction, operation and management of renewable energy projects.
Comprehensive Solutions Involving Renewable Energy Companies
Donovan O'Connor & Dodig, LLP, can assist with all phases of project development and operation, including:
- Project financing and acquisition
- Negotiation and drafting lease agreements and land rights/land use agreements (easements and transmission agreements)
- Negotiation and drafting structuring agreements
- Scoping, feasibility reviews (includes site access, transmission studies and wind studies) and environmental impact reviews
- Applications and permitting, including with federal, state and local incentive programs
- Regulatory compliance, including Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and Public Utility Commission (PUC) filings
- Drafting power purchase (off-take) agreements (PPAs) and interconnect agreements
- Negotiation and drafting of engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts
- Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs), aka “green tags,” “green certificates” and “renewable energy credits”
Schedule A Consultation With One Of Our Attorneys
Whatever the phase of your renewable energy project, an attorney at Donovan O'Connor & Dodig, LLP, is here to provide you with the insight and practical assistance to reach the next level.
For a consultation with an experienced sustainable energy lawyer, contact us online or call 413-663-3200 in Massachusetts or 802-442-3233 in Vermont. We have offices in North Adams and Pittsfield, Massachusetts, and Bennington, Vermont.