I began my career as a prosecutor in 2004 with the Middlesex County District Attorney's Office in Cambridge. After gaining trial experience, I returned to my hometown of North Adams and opened a solo practice.
For the last thirteen years, I have practiced family law and represent clients in divorces, paternity cases, guardianships, modifications, custody, and child support matters. This area of law requires a delicate balance between strategic litigation and empathy for clients facing the biggest upheaval in their lives, emotionally and financially.
I opened my practice to Bankruptcy law a few years after the 2008 economic downturn to help families in Berkshire County create a clean slate after financial devastation. Through years of experience, I have learned the nuances of Chapter 7 consumer bankruptcy petitions and manage a high volume of filings in Berkshire County.
I have joined Donovan, O'Connor & Dodig after a decade of solo practice because I believe that my clients will benefit from the team approach to litigation.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law 90%
- Bankruptcy Law 10%
- Massachusetts, 2004
- New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2012
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2004
- Union College
- BA/BS - 2001
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Psychology
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Berkshire County Bar Association, Member, 2016 to Present
- Berkshire County Women's Bar Association, Member, 2008 to Present
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Lawyers, Member, 2019 to Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Former North Adams City Councilor, 2011 to 2015
- Covid 19 Bankruptcy Section Task Force, 2020 to Present
- Attorney For the Child Pro Bono Program, 2018 to Present
- DSV Task Force, Berkshire DA's Office, 2019 to Present
Specialties and Certifications
- Mediation, MCLE, 2010
- Berkshire County "40 under 40"
- Community Recognition Award
- Neighborly Acts/ Northern Berkshire Community Coalition
Classes and Seminars
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Basics, Boston Bar Association, 10/01/2020
- Policing 101, Bryant-Stratton College , 09/01/2008
- Middlesex County , Assistant District Attorney, 2004 to 2007
- Breen Law & Mediation, 2007 to 2021
- Former City Councillor