David B. Mongue – Retired
I became an attorney after beginning a career in the insurance field as a claims adjuster. So my background in insurance litigation is extensive.
I'm a stickler for detail. It forces me to scrutinize files more than most people would expect. But as a lawyer, that gives me a familiarity with my cases that is a real advantage. I'm also very competitive - I like to win. Organization and thorough preparation are key.
It is essential to respond to people. Communicating with clients, keeping them up-to-date on their cases, is extremely important to me. At the end of the day, I try not to leave any messages on my desk.
- Massachusetts, 1977
- Vermont, 2004
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2009
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- Western New England College School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1976
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1965
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Association of Ski Defense Counsels, Member