Brigid M. Hennessey
My family law practice evolved out of my interest in children and personal relationships. Families provide the support and love that are essential to the healthy development of all individuals, particularly children. Family breakups can be destructive to the very values the family has tried to develop and instill in their children. It is important to me to try to help families, husbands, wives, mothers, fathers and children through very painful and emotional times of separation, divorce and custody disputes.
I can empathize with the pain, hurt, and anger clients in divorce experience. I get a great deal of satisfaction when I am able to help people get through these difficult times.
I am passionate about my work. Every case calls for a different approach, but regardless of the approach we decide upon, I always work hard for my clients and am a zealous advocate for their interests.
- New York, 1993
- Massachusetts, 1992
- Albany Law School Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. - 1992
- Central Connecticut University
- B.A. - 1989
- Honors: cum laude
Honors And Awards
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Director
- Massachusetts Justice Project’s Deborah L. Marchand Pro Bono Publico Award
- St. Thomas More Society's Tenth Annual Red Mass Honoree
- Massachusetts Top Attorney
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member, 1992
- Berkshire Bar Association, Member and Past President (2009), 1992
- Berkshire Bar Association Domestic Relations Committee, Member, 1992
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Massachusetts Chapter, Member, 2006