Over 100 Years Of Service

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Serious Injury
  4.  » Slip-And-Fall Injuries

Hurt In A Slip-And-Fall In Western Massachusetts Or Southern Vermont?

Individuals often suffer serious injuries while on the property of another — these injuries can be caused by a variety of hazards. Whether you are on public or private property, the owner of that property has a duty to take reasonable steps to ensure your safety.

This means that if the owner knows or should have known about a particular hazard, he or she has an obligation to take reasonable steps to fix the hazard or warn those on the property so they can avoid the danger. If the owner fails in his or her duty and you are injured as a result, you may have a claim against the property owner.

Call us for a free consultation for more information. We can be reached in North Adams, Springfield and Pittsfield, Massachusetts, at 413-663-3200 and in Vermont at 802-442-3233.

Common Risks That Lead To Serious Slip-And-Fall Accidents

Potential hazards for which a landowner may be liable include:

  • Snow and/or ice
  • Slippery, broken, or irregular stairs
  • Structural defects (where the property owner has not taken appropriate steps to comply with safety regulations)
  • Improper maintenance, torn carpeting, or other tripping hazards
  • Spilled liquids or food in supermarkets
  • Falling or improperly secured objects
  • Unrestrained animals

When a walking area is hazardous due to building code violations, severe weather conditions, or a flawed design, a serious injury may result for which the property owner may be liable. If you slipped and suffered a serious injury in a store, restaurant, apartment building, publicly owned building or any other establishment, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses.

The attorneys of Donovan O'Connor & Dodig, LLP, have consistently and successfully represented people who have been injured in premises liability cases, including slip-and-falls. We work quickly to secure evidence and research similar claims of negligence against the property owner. Our firm is committed to recovering full and fair compensation for medical bills, ongoing medical care, lost earnings, disability, and pain and suffering.

What Should I Do After I Have Been Injured On Someone Else’s Property?

You should seek immediate and appropriate medical attention, which may include a visit to the emergency room or a call to your primary care physician. As soon as you can, you should report the incident to the property owner. If you were injured at a business, you should speak with a manager and insist they generate a written report regarding the incident. You should also collect the names, phone numbers and addresses of any witnesses, and, if possible, photograph your injuries and the location of the incident.

Do I Need An Attorney To Help Me With My Premises Liability Case?

Premises liability cases, including slip-and-fall cases, can be extremely complex. There are often issues regarding whether the property owner was aware of the dangerous condition on the property prior to the incident or whether an individual was adequately warned of a hazard.

Contact Our Lawyers To Schedule A No-Obligation Meeting

If you or a family member has been injured on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, physical pain and suffering, and any disability resulting from the fall. Contact us at 413-663-3200 in Massachusetts or 802-442-3233 in Vermont or contact us online for a free consultation with an experienced Massachusetts or Vermont premises liability lawyer.

We have conveniently located offices and other meeting locations throughout western Massachusetts and southern Vermont and regularly travel throughout the region to meet with clients.

All cases are handled on a contingent fee basis — you will pay no attorneys’ fees unless we win compensation in your case.

Practice Areas