J. Norman O'Connor Jr. ("Jay")
Since 1975 I have practiced in many different areas of the law. Fairly early on I discovered a liking and ability for trial work. I enjoyed the intellectual challenge of preparing a case and I enjoy the fight.
My practice is focused in the areas of personal injury and workers’ compensation. I like to dig a little deeper so that I can achieve the best possible result, whether it be just compensation for individuals and families suffering injury or maximum benefits for workers injured on the job.
In over four decades representing injured individuals and families, I have seen much, learned much and, ultimately, have been able to serve all clients better. A good lawyer never stops learning.
I am licensed to practice before all Massachusetts courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the Massachusetts Department of Industrial Accidents and the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination. Since 1998 I have been voted by my peers for inclusion in the annual publication The Best Lawyers in America in the area of workers’ compensation law
Areas of Practice
- Workers Compensation /Work Injury
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Anti-Discrimination Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- Boston College Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1975
- College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1972
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers In America - Workers Compensation Law 15 years running
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Berkshire Bar Association